Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Crazy, Crazy

Get creative here with me for a second.

Let's take the word know, and move the kn from the beginnning of the word, to the end of the word. Now, get rid of that k.

What do we get?

No? Don't see it?

OWN.

Know turns into own.

I find that to be very interesting, seeing how know and own are two very different things and very similar things, simultaneously.

All my life I've known truths - from the most practical and elementary, to the mind-boggling and philosophical.

When I became a Christian, I knew God was the Omniscient, Omnipotent Creator of the universe. I knew that I was unworthy of being in His presence because He is holy and I am dirty. I knew that the only way I had of being with Him was given to me through His only Son, who died on a cross 2000 years ago to cleanse my sins. And I knew He loved me.

I knew everything I needed to know to be a good Christian.

But I owned nothing that would make me a true follower of Jesus.

A week ago, the the girls' lifegroup I am part of started reading the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan. In the first two chapters, I have acquired so many amazing truths.

Now, I own the fact that God is the Omniscient, Omnipotent Creator of the universe, from whose throne come flashes of lightning and peals of thunder. I own the fact that my life is but a vapor, utterly insignificant in comparison to the greatness and glory of God. I own the fact that it's not about me, it's about Him. I own the fact that, if it weren't for His holy and perfect Son Jesus willingly giving Himself up to a gruesome death on a shameful cross in my place, I could never experience the wonderful solemnity, beautifully and awesomely enpowering realm of prayer. And I own the fact that this incredibly creative, incredibly powerful God loves me.

So I challenge you with this -
Do you know... or do you own?

Love always,

Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment